Any marketer knows that a good Instagram story has the potential to go viral and make the entire campaign a real success. That’s why learning how to utilize stories in the best way possible is key to creating Instagram marketing that genuinely makes a difference for the brand.
Even though Instagram started as a photo-sharing app, a recent study has shown that videos tend to get up to 21% more interactions. These stats lead us to only one conclusion: every marketer needs to learn how to utilize videos for their social media marketing.
If you want to learn how to post a video on Instagram stories, look no further. In this guide, we will show you:
- How to post a video on Instagram
- How to repost a video on Instagram
- How to post a video on Instagram story
- Information about Instagram video size, length, and more
Along with that, if you’re interested in learning more about Instagram marketing in general, you can check out some of our other blog posts:
Now without further ado, let’s get started.
How to Post a Video on Your Instagram Profile
Let’s start with the basics, namely, how to post a simple video on your Instagram feed. The steps are quite simple:
- Create your video – this is relatively obvious, but the first thing you need to do is capture your video. Instagram videos need to be under one minute long, and square is the best format for the platform. You can either upload a raw clip, just as you shot it, or you can use a video editor to create something more visually attractive. That being said, the video should be saved on your phone so that it can be accessed and uploaded on Instagram.
- Upload the video – This is the easy part. You just tap the plus sign at the top of the Instagram app screen.
- Select “Post,” which will display all the videos and photos saved on your phone. Select the one you want by tapping on it.
- Make any adjustments. Before you post, you can make adjustments to the video, including adding a filter, cropping it, or muting the original audio.
- Select a cover – The option for selecting a cover appears at the very last stage, just before posting the video. Simply select “Cover” and choose a frame that will become your thumbnail for the video when it appears on your Instagram feed.
- Share the video – Once you’ve selected the cover, you can write a caption and tags, choose a location and then simply share the video to your Instagram feed.
How to Repost a Video on Instagram
If you challenge your followers to create content for your brand, then you will likely need to learn how to repost their content. The same applies if you decide to use influencers to promote a specific product or service – you will want to post their videos on your profile as a way to increase awareness.
Reposting is possible only with the use of a third-party app like Regrammer or Repost. In this example, we will show you how to reshare a video with Repost, but the same principle applies to all apps similar to it.
Step 1: Have permission.
Step 2: Copy the original Instagram post link
Copy the URL of the original Instagram post. To do that, click the three dots in the upper right corner of the post and select “Link” – that way, the URL will be added to your clipboard.
Step 3: Open the Repost app
Once you do that, you will see that the repost app has automatically uploaded the link that you just copied.
Step 4: Repost!
Check out the post and see if there’s anything you want to add or edit. You can even choose if you wish to keep the original caption or not. Once you’re sure the post is all good, then you just have to click share, and you’re good to go.
How to Post a Video on Instagram Stories
When it comes to posting a story on Instagram, two options are available. The first one is to upload an already recorded video and the second one is to record one directly on the app. Let’s see how you can do both.
Uploading a Video as an Instagram Story
The first thing you need to do is save the video on your camera roll. Once you have it there, you can create a new story by tapping on the plus sign at the top of the screen and selecting “Story.” Then go to your camera roll and choose the video you want to use. You can make it more fun by adding a filter, stickers, or some music; when you’re done with editing, select “Send” to post the story.
It’s important to note that each story can only be up to 15 seconds long, so if the video you uploaded is more than 15 seconds, it will be split into several separate stories.
Shooting a Video with Instagram Stories
Open the Instagram app and swipe left to go to the camera mode to shoot a story. From there, simply hold down the button on the center of the screen, and the recording will start. Once you let go, the video will be ready for editing and posting.
If you want to…
Keep learning more about Instagram marketing and keep reading the Camberlion blog, check out our website – more interesting articles are on the way.