If you work in digital marketing or take a course with practical elements, you’ve probably figured out that a lot of helpful SEO tools have extensions for Google Chrome that make using them a lot quicker and more beneficial. However, with so many good tools on the market, choosing which ones to use can be challenging.
In this article, we will talk about the SEO Minion Chrome extension. It’s a tool with plenty of valuable features that might be beneficial for your day-to-day work and that you need to know about if you’re working on search engine optimization projects.
Let’s get started.
What is SEO Minion?
SEO Minion is a Google Chrome browser extension that can help you with a ton of SEO-related tasks. With it, you can analyze on-page SEO issues that relate to meta tags, language tags, open graph configuration, and proper heading structure. It also allows you to check for broken links, detect unworking redirects and check the ranking for your website across multiple search engines.
Features of the SEO Minion Chrome Extension
As already mentioned, SEO Minion has a ton of useful features when it comes to search engine optimization. Let’s take an in-depth look into some of them.
- On-page SEO analyzer – with this feature, you will be able to enhance the SEO of a current page on a website. It alerts you in case your title is too short or long and checks if you’ve written a meta description. Furthermore, it detects if your headings and meta description contain the needed keywords. It enables you to do a quick analysis of a webpage, and if required, it can take an in-depth look at the page URL, title, the images on it, open graph, and more.
- Broken link checker – If there’s an error with a particular link, this feature will notify you by painting it a different color. You get a color-coded chart that contains seven colors, each one of which reflects a particular error. For example, if a link becomes purple, it means its redirection isn’t working. If it’s red, that means that the link no longer exists and has no domain and the white color means that there’s an unknown error. With the help of this feature, you will be able to analyze web pages in real-time.
- SERP tool – The Search Engine Preview Page feature is one that helps you see what your website looks like in search engine results like the ones in Google. With it, you can type any query, and the result will help you see whether your meta description or page title is too short or too long. You can also look at a preview of your site’s URL, image, and more.
The Benefits and Drawbacks of Using SEO Minion
Like any special tool, the SEO Minion Chrome Extension has its pros and cons. Let’s take a look at what they are so that you can make a well-informed decision about whether you want to use this tool or not.
Benefits of Using SEO Minion
- It’s free of charge, and you don’t even have to sign up in order to use it. Simply download and install the app from the Chrome Web Store and start using it.
- It offers tons of helpful SEO features and covers all of the basics, which makes it ideal for beginners in the field.
- It offers detailed analysis and helps you do SEO-related work more efficiently.
Drawbacks of Using SEO Minion
- Its customer support can definitely be improved. They either respond too fast and close your problem too quickly (without a solution), or they don’t respond at all.
- It’s difficult to audit an entire site with it – it’s slow and inaccurate when it needs to process a ton of information.
Is SEO Minion Worth It?
The SEO Minion Chrome Extension is a terrific tool that is useful for any marketer who wants to make use of SEO features in an easy and convenient way without having to pay tons of money. It’s especially beneficial for those that are just starting their digital marketing journey and just need a tool that’s good for covering the basics.